Hey guys!! This week I found a recipe that I fell in love with! I actually made it three times this week, Mini Egg White Omelets. They make the perfect breakfast, you can keep them in the fridge and they will stay fresh for up to 4 days. They are simple, low calorie, and so tasty!
3 cups egg whites
1 green bell pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin.
2. Chop green pepper, and any other items you would like in your mini omelet. Ideas I am going to try in the future are: onion, ham, hash browns, jalapeños, and spinach.
3. Fill each space with desired amount of filling I used about a teaspoon of green pepper in each space.
4. Fill each with 1/2 cup egg whites.
5. Place in oven and bake for 12 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle teaspoon of cheddar cheese over each. Place back in the oven for 3 minutes.
Cook Time: 15 Minutes Prep Time: 5 Minutes Total Time: 20 Minutes
These Mini Egg White Omelets are so delicious! They are easy to make I put them in the oven and took a shower until the time went off. They are easy to change up and make different so you aren’t eating the same thing everyday to, changing the vegetables, the cheese, or adding some meat are simples ways to make different each time you have them. They are something that is easy to grab on your way out the door or a nice breakfast to eat after a morning workout. They have lots of protein and very low calories which I love. They leave you feeling full and don’t have the calories that cereal or pancakes do.
For the egg whites, you can either remove the yoke of each egg you use. Or most grocery stores sell a carton of egg whites which is what I used. Either will work great the kind that come in the carton are just a little more convenient if you are constantly running behind in the morning like me.
These quick breakfast omelets are just about 40 calories a piece and have 5 grams of protein. They pair perfectly with fruit, toast, or an English Muffin. They make a great grab and go breakfast and are a healthy way to start the day.
Let me know what you thought of this recipe in the comment section. Happy eating!!